Jungle Deals Blog

The best Amazon deals! And the most Amazon deals!

My Thoughts on Prime Day

Amazon billed Prime Day as “bigger than Black Friday” but so many people were disappointed. I found a lot of great deals but many people didn’t know where to look. I decided to write up my thoughts on how Prime Day went since I have had a day to process it.

Here’s what Amazon could have done better:

  • Less Lightning Deals – I personally hate lightning deals. I have a full-time job (maybe two with this site) and who has the time to be stalking down lightning deals all day? 95% of what was sold as a lightning deal was garage sale crap. The other 5% was so limited in quality and so hard to find that the work to get $10 off of a toaster far exceeded the joy of clinching that sale.
  • Make the real deals more visible – I posted a huge amount of Prime Day’s deals here and I found a lot of good ones but there were a few that I didn’t even see until the end of the day when they were over. Even though I have had 8 years of Amazon Prime and have run this popular Amazon site for two years even I didn’t find some of their promotions!!
  • More toys – Most of the toys where lightning deals… And again like any Mom has the time to sit down and stalk the right toys for the right prices.
  • More big ticket items – No console deals, barely any video game deals, no KitchenAid mixers on sale. What gives?
  • More Kindle book deals – not to sound whiny but Amazon.co.uk gave every Prime member a FREE Kindle eBook. I was expecting the same from the Amazon.com sale but all we got was a discount on Kindle Unlimited…
  • Extra deals for Amazon Mom Members – Not that Amazon Mom members pay extra for their membership but it would have been nice.
  • Don’t make Amazon Electronics Deals be Lightning Deals – I was so upset that the deal on the Amazon Fire TV stick was a lightning deal… It went so fast because Amazon didn’t make many of them available. :/

Here’s what Amazon did right:

  • Prime Day only coupons
  • Deals on groceries and the things we need
  • Diaper Deals
  • That incredible deals on wipes
  • $20 off $100 purchases for Amazon Visa card holders
  • That deal on gift cards
  • Incredible deals on Kindles
  • $5 no-rush shipping credit
  • 30% Off clothing
Details. This post may contain affiliate links which support this site. Read our disclosure policy.

Comments are currently closed.