You may not know it from my lack of updates today, but I spent the day in front of the computer – mostly improving the mobile design! Looks much better right? I was starting to really hate the purple. 🙂
Because I spend all day on my laptop and only really see the site through the desktop design I haven’t really been that attentive to mobile users and that stops now!
About 70% of you viewing this site are actually doing it through a mobile device – it is kind of where the internet is going and from now on I will be working to give a really beautiful mobile experience by using the site on mobile when I am not writing posts. 😉
There are a few things I still need to tweak and a lot I want to improve…
- The load time of the site – it’s around 5 seconds because all the prices from Amazon are actually pulled from the API. It really sucks to have to wait so long for the page to load and trust me no one hates this more than me since I’m looking at my site all day.
- Fonts and font sizes – I really want to find a more readable font.
- Make the tools on this site easier to use for mobile users.
- Improve the usability for sharing content to social networks.
- Load comments on all posts
- Remove the RSS Feed…
Yes, I will be removing the RSS Feed. 🙁 For those of you following on sites like bloglovin’, feedly, newsblur etc this feed will be removed soon. This is because I am just really tired of seeing the full html of my posts show up on other websites without any content attribution and with affiliate links changed. This is an unfortunate problem and no other way around it.
This means that I will also be changing the mailing list service I use since the current one uses RSS feeds to get the post content to an email to be sent to you guys. I will update more closer to the time.
But for now just know that I am committed to giving you guys a great experience – if I wasn’t there would be ads on the site. 😉Details. This post may contain affiliate links which support this site. Read our disclosure policy here.