Every year I ask my dad what he wants for Christmas and every year he gives me the same answer: “nothing”. Nothing?!? No Dad, you’re getting a gift! Now the hard part to do is to get him something he will like that won’t end up in one of his house’s back-of-the-closet graveyards never to be used.
Here’s what I have learned about getting my Dad gifts, and you may also find it applies to your own Dad:
- Dads don’t want to be bought a new hobby that has a low chance of being enjoyed… One year my step-mother bought him a seed company subscription. He never used it because he isn’t that into gardening. Probably not a good gift.
- If it’s not useful to Dad don’t buy it – that goes for plush toys, billy mouth bass singing whoosits etc.
- Dads really LOVE food as a gift! – You think he gets chocolate often? What about some hot sauce, some different kinds of peppercorns, popular coffee, cured sausages, an arrangement of cheeses – food is a gift that gets enjoyed, consumed and thrown out. Forever treasured as a memory and doesn’t linger in the back of any closets. 🙂
- Dads love promises of making memories – There are some gift card deals right now, you could gift your Dad an evening dinner on you, a movie date with the family, etc lots of dining out experience deals here.
- Dad’s LOVE photos of family as gifts – You can check out some frames here and even order prints here!
With that said, I compiled a list of 80 gift ideas that by no means are deals but may help spark gift ideas for your dear-old-Dad. 🙂 At the time they all ship before Christmas and they’re all decently priced.
BooksDetails. This post may contain affiliate links which support this site. Read our disclosure policy here.